Tuesday, December 07, 2004

How I Missed Kevin & Steven :(

Well Saturday we arrived in Formby about 12ish. I was dropped off at Lucy's at about 20 to 2. We caught the train into Southport, it's only £1.05 for a student!!! That's way cheaper than a bus which in Rossendale would cost about £3 or something. Rip off! I so prefer public transport in Liverpool. I bought some presents for various members of families and friends. We got back at about 5 and I walked back to Bushbys Park where Colin lives. I got changed because Colin and my mother were having Colin's best friend Terry and his wife Susanah over. I got lots of compliments from Terry about how my hair looked good (last time he saw me it was bright red) and the fact I'd grown about 4 inches to 5 foot 10 now. Then when serving the main meal, the horrible and extremely painful accident occured. Colin took the plates out of the oven and then held it with his bare hands and said, they're not at all hot so I took it off him and had to put the plate down immediately. I ended up with a blister the whole of the top half of my second finger. Colin got some arrow shaped ice cubes and I had my finger in numerous ice cubes for about 6 hours. It was an awful burning sensation. Well, for starters Colin made this nice lamb thing with onion marmalade which was cooked to perfection by himself. For main course my mother made this horrible Polish meal which only my grandmother can make well (well, could make well, now she's senile). I opted for sweet and sour pork with noodles insted. For dessert my mother made this odd concoption, it was filo pastry in a weird little basket with mincemeat in. I scooped out the mincemeat and put a little creme freche in mine. OOOOOO I totally forgot the mention my cocktails. It was basically lime all cut up put into a large jug thing with sugar in which I had to crush with a mortar I think it's called, anyway then it had all this alcohol I can't remember the name of go in and then loads and loads of ice cubes. It was incredibly tasty. I had more to drink than all the "adults" yet they were all pissed and asleep on couches I wasn't even tipsy. I found that incredibly funny.

Sunday was amazing. Kevin texted me all morning and said that Steven and himself were going to arrive about quarter past two. Kevin was like one of my best friends in Formby, he was great, I loved him to bits and Steven was his brother who was an amazing friend. I love them both to bits. So they arrived with Stella and Jeff their mother and father. Stella and Jeff left and Kevin, Steven and I went for a walk in the pine forest and to the beach. How I loved living next to the sea, the woods and the beach are a 5 minute walk away. It's incredibly lovely there. We had a great time, just talking, catching up. I wanted to burst into tears because I had missed them so much. I hadn't seen Kevin for 3 years! 3 years! It's unbelievable. We arrived back at the house about half 3 and Kevin, my mother, Colin and I all had a vanilla slice because Steven didn't want one. It was great, just like in Turnacre when we always used to be round at each others houses. I took pictures of them both with my mothers camera phone to show Kate. And may I just say, both of them have turned into some good looking, good mannered, great personalities. They are lovely lovely people. I miss them dearly. But I'll see them at Christmas so it isn't all bad. My mother and I came home and afterwards Ben came over. We went to go see Lid Marmy and we hung out for a bit. Was great to see Lid Marmy, we were talking about the party on Saturday. Ben and I then went back to mine and we were sorted out the video for tomorrow. We sorted it out then we chose about 14 tracks for the soundtrack for the movie. He left about midnight, I went to bed, read, and fell into a lovely sleep.

xXx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home